From the Founder: The JNP (Jane NOT Plain) Project’s Journey…
Thanks for stopping by!
Hello! I’m Dona Rudderow Sturn, the founder and CEO of The JNP Project. I hope you enjoy my blog: my journey as I am building this new brand, and the paths The JNP Project leads us on, together…
If you find any particular topic of interest and would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me! I look forward to global discussions on business and building kids’ inner awesome (healthy self-esteem) by nurturing character, courage, and confidence in kids 5-12+!
- #63: THE END OF BULLYING BEGINS WITH YOU! (series 3/4) GIRLS BREAKING BOUNDARIES: FIELD TRIP TO THE JNP INNER AWESOME FACTORY — Discovering Superpowers and Stomping Out Bullying! OCTOBER WAS BULLYING AWARENESS MONTH — GIRLS BREAKING BOUNDARIES at Bates Middle School in Annapolis have been learning how to discover their own inner-awesome superpowers! — And, that promotes NO MORE BULLYING! Join Jane, Jake and all their friends on the ... Read More
- #62: THE END OF BULLYING BEGINS WITH YOU! (series 2/4) INNER AWESOME SUPERPOWERS “are” kids shield against BULLYING! OCTOBER WAS NATIONAL BULLYING AWARENESS MONTH — GIRLS BREAKING BOUNDARIES at Bates Middle School in Annapolis are learning how to discover their own inner-awesome superpowers! — And, that promotes NO MORE BULLYING! My presentation to the 6th, 7th, 8th graders about “I AM –––?” — they began to tell ... Read More
- #61: THE END OF BULLYING BEGINS WITH YOU! (series 1/4) October is National Bullying Prevention Month. JNP is right with that! To clarify, The JNP Project’s (Jane NOT Plain) mission is not simply “no bullying” — it is much more — we are about creating products and gathering and sharing data and resources; all which is created to nurture character, courage, and confidence in all boys and ... Read More
- #60: Creating a YouTube Video to Pitch Your Business (series 2/2) Creating video is not as intimidating as one may think. For me, professional image (quality video) is paramount; proper art direction, lighting, sound, content and quality of the final result in editing. Sizable budgets offer up best results, but when budgets are tight, what are the options? With any start-up (yes, like JNP too), budgets are ... Read More
- #59: Creating a YouTube Video to Pitch Your Business (series 1/2) My business mentor came across a for-profit pitch investment opportunity which required a presentation pitch video in the application. I was apprehensive about doing a video, because this quarter’s budget did not have allocations for video pitches. To save money, I shot it myself with my iPhone 6, and edited it in iMovie on a ... Read More
- #58: Pitch for Business Investments/Grants–Even When the Odds Are Against You. The JNP Project™ worked very hard to PITCH to Chase’s Mission Main Street $100,000 Grant opportunity — we were not successful in winning the for-profit business monies, BUT, we were successful in gaining exposure and excitement about JNP! Read More
- #57: Core Values & Virtues — OFFER COMPANIONING (series 8/8) #5 of the Five Strategies of The Virtues Project details click here 5. Offer Companioning Being deeply present and listening with compassionate curiosity guides others to find clarity and to create their own solutions. How well do you listen to others, to yourself? What really needs to be heard? Core Values (Character) & Virtues–are they the same thing? Yes, ... Read More
- #56: Core Values & Virtues — HONOR THE SPIRIT (series 7/8) #4 of the Five Strategies of The Virtues Project: 4. Honor the Spirit We sustain our vision and purpose by integrating virtues into our activities, surrounds, celebrations and the arts. How do you honor your personal spirit and the spirit of your group? Read More
- #55: Core Values & Virtues — SET CLEAR BOUNDARIES (series 6/8) #3 OF THE FIVE STRATEGIES OF THE VIRTUES PROJECT 3. Set Clear Boundaries Boundaries based on respect and restorative justice create a climate of peace, cooperation and safety in our homes, schools and communities. What boundaries do you have? What boundaries do you need? Read More
- #54: Core Values & Virtues — RECOGNIZE TEACHABLE MOMENTS (series 5/8) #2 of the Five Strategies of The Virtues Project 2. Recognize Teachable Moments Recognizing the virtues needed in daily challenges helps us to become lifelong learners open to the lessons of character. What lessons are you learning at this time in your life? Read More