Learning Something New Everyday is Enlightening!
The JNP Project™ emphasizes building healthy self-esteem—nurturing character, courage, and confidence— while making learning fun and entertaining.
Discovering children’s particular talents(s) is an important aspect of helping them feel worthwhile. Recognizing a child’s talent(s) fits in with Howard Gardner’s pivotal theory of multiple intelligences. He identified eight intelligences:
• Linguistic intelligence (“word smart”)
• Logical-mathematical intelligence (“number/reasoning smart”)
• Spatial intelligence (“picture smart”)
• Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence (“body smart”)
• Musical intelligence (“music smart”)
• Interpersonal intelligence (“people smart”)
• Intrapersonal intelligence (“self smart”)
• Naturalist intelligence (“nature smart”)
All of these “smarts” are highlighted in particular stories in the JNP Adventure Series. On their journeys, Jane & Jake discover their intelligence and acquire a healthy self-confidence. Jane realizes she is NOT plain as she discovers the pleasure of doing what she loves — Jake too!
The JNP Adventures focus on specific traits and attitudes:
I AM: truthful, kind, friendly, caring, peaceful, calm, forgiving, generous, loving, determined, compassionate, helpful, athletic, accepting, a leader… I AM EMPOWERED!
I CAN / I WILL: tell the truth, be honest, be a friend, be friendly, calmly approach difficult situations, not hold a grudge… I WILL BE EMPOWERED!.. I WILL BE “ME” ! ! !
The series invites young readers to insert themselves into the adventures, becoming one of the characters or inventing a new character if they want to.
Jane becomes a mermaid. What do you want to become? Jake loves science. Do you want to become a scientist like Jake’s dad?
Examples of take-away messages:
The JNP Project’s™–Jane & Jake’s Adventures to Awesome™— is a chapter book series that utilizes textual and visual metaphors to grab adults’ (parents, teachers, caregivers and counselors) attention.
• The JNP Project™ lifts children’s spirits, making them feel valued.
• The materials in The JNP Project™ appeal to children while helping parents, teachers, caregivers and counselors shore up children’s sense of self-worth.
• Children are introduced to and reminded that the idea that inner character creates outer beauty.
• Key messages of confidence and self-worth (healthy self-esteem) inspire the designs for the online accessories, toys, and products that enhance the spirit of fun and imagination.
Creativity, dreaming, and confidence are cornerstones of healthy self-esteem.